Links to the 150th Anniversary

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Those darn eclipse glasses

Went online to find out about eclipse glasses as Karin told me about the camera lenses she was buying. Amazon had several versions, so bought what seemed reasonable along with splurging on special binoculars. They came in a few days, rather flimsy cardbook like you see in the movies when watching 3-D, but the lenses are much darker. It is the density of the film that matters. The label indicated that they were ISO certified so I felt secure.

However, sometime in late July, I got a message from Amazon that these could not be guaranteed as coming from a recommended vendor and SHOULD NOT BE USED!

Yikes, back on line to the NASA website to find out what companies they recommended. There were only 3 and for one of them it was just too late to get individual glasses. Fortunately, I could get 4 at another site, albeit for more money. But heck, this is my eyes I'm talking about.

With 4 pairs of glasses and special binoculars in hand, I had what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment